Social Icons

Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Interview with a Star - Jane (JanesBeautyStore)

Please, welcome our team mate Jane who runs JanesBeautyStore shop on Etsy. Today, she is sharing a story of her crafty life.

Hand made crochet jewelry
Please tell us a little bit about yourself
My name is Jane. I live in Zaporozhye, Ukraine. I am working as a manager in an export-import department by day and when I have a free minute I create jewelry and accessories. I am a self-taught jewelry designer and I really enjoy the process of creating something beautiful and cute!

How long have you been creating? How did your journey in art and creativity begin?
As long as I can remember myself I was always making something. As a child, I used to crochet skirts and dresses for my dolls, make drawings in small books for kids and I always wanted to have something of mine like the owner of a small cozy shop or café. Well, in 2009 my dream came true and I started creating jewelry. I first started making jewelry for my mom, grandma, friends and then step by step for sale.
Hand made note cards
What items do you carry in your shop?
Currently you can find jewelry made from crochet thread, polymer clay and resin in my shop. I make earrings, rings, pendants, necklaces and brooches. For the fall season  I am preparing some warm headbands. I am also working on making bracelets and hair accessories at this time.
Hand made note cards
What would you say makes your shop unique?
My shop is unique because I am making one-of-a-kind items. So my customers receive unique creations and nobody else in the whole world will have the same item. I think it is important for handmade items to be OOAK.
Hand made note cards
What are your main sources of inspiration?
Inspiration comes from everything that is around me. My current mood, good weather, a rainy day, romantic movie, morning coffee with my husband, thoughts about my family, cats, fashion – all these things and moments inspire me to do the beautiful things.
Hand made note cards
Do you take custom orders?
I take custom orders with pleasure! I like to listen to my customers, their ideas inspire me. I like that my customers want to get something special from me and my work is appreciated.

Where would you like to go with your business?
My goal is to have a room in my apartment, that will be my studio where I work. There will be different nice handmade things from other crafters, my materials, my works and a place for photo shoots. The atmosphere at my studio will be full of inspiration and art! This is my huge dream and I am trying to do everything to make it come true.

I am very thankful for my husband's and my family's support! I don’t need millions :) I just want to be a good mother, wife, sister, daughter, granddaughter, a friend and want to have my own small business and a place where I can fulfill my ideas.

Do you have a favorite quote you'd like to share with us?
The quote that gives me strength and inspiration is “Do what you love, love what you do”.
Hand made note cards
Story by Jane (JanesBeautyStore)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...